She designed a life she loved.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Whether I like it or not

"You are here on earth for a divine purpose. It is not to be endlessly entertained or to be constantly in full pursuit of pleasure. You are here to be tried, to prove yourself so that you can receive the additional blessings God has for you. . . some blessings will be delivered in this life; others will come beyond the veil. The Lord is intent on your personal growth and development. That progress is accelerated when you willingly allow Him to lead you through every growth experience you encounter, whether initially it be to your individual liking or not." 
-Elder Richard G. Scott

(All I am going to say right now is that for the past hour I have given myself a migraine worrying 
about things I can't change and then worrying about the fact that I am worrying. 
This puts quite a bit of peace back into my life.)

P.S. Sometimes I swear the answers to my most needed prayers come so quietly that I almost don't notice the little rush of the chills that come when I know what I have decided is right. There has been times when I have doubted these small answers in the middle of my loud life and need that reassurance again. It's quotes like these that bring me back

1 comment:

  1. Awh! This is so sweet! You are such an example to me! I have been worrying a lot too. I blogged today about how to cure a bad mood, might wanna try some stuff! :) love you!

    ReplyDelete